Monday, 28 May 2012

Epilogue


Epilogue is a newly revamped cafe situated within Prologue, the bookstore, in Ion Orchard mall. It not only has a relaxed ambiance but also allows for a nice view of Orchard Road, and gives you the easy access to literature within the bookstore. Epilogue uses a creative touch by piercing their light poles, for their ceiling lamps, through stacks of books.

 

 We chose to sit by the window, overlooking the busy junction of Orchard Road. The furniture they have chosen for this cafe is in line with their style of a homely and cozy place where you can sit and read comfortably for hours.


With a minimum spending of $25, you can pick a book of your choice from the available selections.


Presentation of beef lasagna ($9) dish was lackluster. However, the taste was actually good besides the fact that the beef was a tad too dry. The tomato sauce was really tasty!


The smoked salmon sandwich ($12.50) was well balanced with smoked salmon and greens complimenting each other. The salad at the side lacked sufficient dressing but overall, it is one of the best smoked salmon sandwich I ever had!

 
Ice Lemon Tea ($6.50). For the price that it cost, it was honestly a disappointment as it was just purely lemon and unsweetened tea. We expected to be a little more value for money, other than just the portion.


The red velvet cake ($6.50) was nicely presented, and it had a taste that could match up to that. It was not too sweet, but was still able to bring out the slightly chocolatey taste. At the same time, the two layers of cheese in between allowed for a pleasant mix to add flavor to the cake.

Overall, the service and ambiance was excellent (ratings 4/5) and food was only good (ratings 3.5/5).

{ Prologue }
2 Orchard Turn
#04-16, #05-03 ION Orchard
Tel: +65 6465-1477
Opening hours: 10.30am-10pm (Daily)

14 comments:

  1. Wow, this place looks great. I might have to stop by if I'm ever at Orchard.

    Are you an avid reader, by any chance? You sound like you might be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure you must! Nope, I'm not an avid reader. Wish I am one though!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a good place to relax and the prices seems alright considering this is in orchard.
    Thanks for the introduction, might go visit it when i am free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! The ambiance is really great in there. But honestly I don't think the food is worth the price. Drop by if you wish to!

      You're welcome Joel!

      Delete
  3. Wow,this place look so artistic. I would love to go this kind of place to relax and admire the artistic area. But sadly,no vegetarian food. Does it allow you to borrow book,and sit down and have a read of those books available on the shelf?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you're a vegetarian? That's interesting. I'm not sure if you're allowed to borrow a book and sit at the cafe area, but I doubt so. Unless you are dining while eating.

      Delete
  4. Really nice and cosy environment that I would definitely go to. A pity the food isn't that great though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you can consider other food on the menu? The smoked salmon sandwich and red velvet cake is not too bad, worth giving a try!

      Delete
  5. The place looks really conducive and the food looks delicious! especially the red velvet cake. Too bad that the price is a little too expensive for me. I may drop by if I have the time and money. Thanks for the intro!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Long time since I frequent ION Orchard. The pictures that you posted are convincing and making me salivate already :X Seems interesting that books are being sold there despite being a restaurant. Your posts are consistent and I enjoyed reading them. Do post up more of your experiences when you visit a new restaurant! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Actually it's a bookstore, with a cafe inside where book readers can dine after browsing through or buying the books. It's worth spending $25 for food and drinks then getting a proper storybook for free!

      Thank you! Will update it with more food reviews when I have the time (even though they will not be graded)! :)

      Delete
  7. you makes me hungry after i saw those photo that you uploaded.
    i will visit those cafe when i free, thank you for uploads it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That shows how yummy the food are! You're welcome, Zheng En.

      Delete