Monday, 14 May 2012

Food For Thought


Food For Thought is a cafe which has an innovative interior - glass jars that originally contained spaghetti sauce are being hung upside down as decorations. They offer a variety of comfort food at reasonable prices. One of the highlights here has definitely got to be the pancakes! 

There are two outlets and interestingly, the menu for the one at Singapore Botanic Gardens and 8 Queen Street is different.


One of the chef's recommendations, the banana and walnuts pancakes ($10), is too good to be true and probably does not taste like your typical everyday pancakes. As mentioned by ladyironchef, it is one of the best pancakes in Singapore and I could not agree more!

Prices of the some other pancakes ranges from $8 to $12.


On my second trip, I had grilled bacon and cheese ($10) and crispy curry-spiced chicken and spicy chilli fries ($18). 

As seen from Alvin and Liza's blog, comments made on latter dish are positive and it is a recommended dish. However, after giving it a try, I found it disappointing because it was not as great as mentioned and tasted nothing close to curry.

Overall, the service and ambiance was excellent (rating 4/5). Besides the pancakes, food was average (rating 3/5).

Food For Thought
8 Queen Street
Tel: +65 6338 9887
Opening hours: 9am-10pm (Mon - Sat) / 9am-9pm (Sun)

1 Cluny Road
Singapore Botanic Gardens, #B1-00
Tel: +65 6338 4848
Opening hours: 8am-9pm (Mon - Thurs) / 8am-10pm (Fri - Sat)

Here is the direction on how to get there.

10 comments:

  1. God Dammit sis! You are making me damn hungry already! The Banana and walnut pancakes looks really divine. It's calling out to me and asking me to put it in my mouth. Bite it and taste the delicious-ness from it. I'm so going there sis! Thank you so much for this Food for thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sidd, my pleasure! Do visit the place because the banana and walnut pancakes is really yummy, one of the chef's recommendation. You will never go wrong with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome stuff here. I tried it before and im happy that someone is actually reviewing it=D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, really? What did you ordered? Hope more people will get to know about this place.

      Delete
  4. Excellent presentation of food. The pricing is affordable also. With posh interior designs of the restaurant, and I think it would be a pleasurable experience dining at Food For Thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks Javier! There's nothing to not love about this place. Do drop by when you have the time!

      Delete
  5. I am thrilled to visit Food For Thought after your blog post. The pictures that you have included makes my mouth water. I'll be sure as to visit the cafe one of these days to ensure I don't miss out on those pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear. Thanks, the pictures are all taken using my iPhone actually!

      Delete
  6. Heard of this restaurant a couple of times! Your pictures are really good and it depicts what you say to show clearly. I like your ratings of the various types of food and I would know what to choose from when I make a visit there. Thanks for posting up the address for easy navigation. Overall, good post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah, that shows how popular the cafe is! Have you tried the food there before? If you have not, you are missing out. Thanks for the compliment! Those ratings might not be totally accurate, since different people have different taste. Welcome, hope the directions given helped!

      Delete